We promise that we will collect, use, process and store your data properly and securely. We will:
- Use and maintain your personal data in accordance with all applicable legal requirements
- Inform you about what data we collect about you and how we use it
- Ensure that the privacy of your data is maintained
- Honor your legal rights in respect of personal data which we hold
We will not sell your data or transfer it outside of the WEshopperS Group to anyone to use for their own marketing purposes.
Who is responsible for your data?
Personal data we collect about you
We collect some personal data from you, for example when you register on our website or buy products from us, when you agree to receive e-receipts, when you use our website, enter competitions or sign up to receive our newsletter, when you visit our stores, buy our goods, use our services or contact us. We may also receive your personal data from our suppliers who provide services to you on our behalf (for example when you provide feedback on our goods or services).
For more information on the parties who may share your personal data with us, please see below:
Categories of data we collect
We may collect and process the following categories of information about you:
Your name and surname and your account details(email address, telephone number and postal address, date of birth, password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, your location).
- When you create an account on our website
- When you order products for home delivery
- When you enter a competition or sign up to receive our newsletter
- When you elect to receive e-receipts
- When you are shopping in our stores
- When you send us feedback or enter a review on a third party site
Information about your order and any products and services that you buy from us. This information may include your payment card details.
- When you buy products or services from us, or contact us in respect of your purchase. Information about your health, if you have a medical condition.
- If you have an accident in our premises and we record this in our accident records. Also if you make a legal claim against us.
How and why we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To manage your purchases and provide our services to you
When you visit our stores or order goods or services from us, we use your information to process appointment bookings, complete your order, to process your payment, to deliver goods to you, to process returns and refunds, and to deal with any queries you have.
Legal basis for this use: To fulfil our contractual obligations.
To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
Occasionally we may need to contact you by email and/or telephone /SMS for administrative or operational reasons, for example in order to send you confirmation of your order bookings and your payments, to inform you about delivery of your order, or to advise of delays, or to provide you with policy updates or details of product recalls.
Please be aware that these communications are not made for marketing purposes and as such, you will continue to receive them even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
We will also use your personal data if we contact you after you have sent us a request, filled in a web-form through our website or contacted us on social media.
We may also use it to verify your identity or for other security reasons.
Legal basis for this use: To fulfil our contractual obligations.
Your opinion is very important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback.
We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for customers.
Legal basis for this use: For our legitimate interests, to improve our goods and services to you and other customers.
To personalise and improve your customer experience
We may use your personal data in order to tailor our services to your needs and preferences and to provide you with a personalised customer experience. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing). For example, we may collect information on how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit most, which products you search for and what products you buy, in order to understand what you like. We may use this information to tailor the content and offers that you see on our website and, if you have agreed to receiving marketing communications, to send you relevant messages that we think you like.
If you are in the process of placing an order under your account and you leave our website before your order has been placed, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your order.
Legal basis for this use: For our legitimate interests, to improve our goods and services for you and other customers. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time.
To inform you about our news and offers that you may like
If you are happy to receive marketing communications, we will provide you with news from us such as new products and services that you may be interested in or offers that you may like. This may include information about products and services from any of our brands ( WEshopperS). Please note that we do not share your contact details and other personal data with other companies so that they can market their own products and services to you.
Web Banner Advertising
Legal basis for this use: For our legitimate interests, to improve the goods and services that we offer to you.
To improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes and protect our business interests
The business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, fraud screening, safety, security and legal purposes, systems testing, colleague training, maintenance and development.
Legal basis for this use: For our legitimate interest, to ensure the proper administration, security and safety of our business for ourselves and our customers; to make our business more efficient; to improve the goods and services which we offer to our customers.
To comply with our legal obligations, for example, our obligation to provide your information to government or law enforcement agencies, or to maintain records of our business transactions.
Legal basis for this use: to comply with our legal obligations
Your rights in respect of your personal data
Lawful bases for processing data
- We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful reason to do so (referred to below as “lawful bases”). Lawful bases include:
- Where we need to process your data to enter into or perform our contract with you – for example to process a card payment or deliver goods to you.
- Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation – for example if we are required to disclose your data by a court order.
- Where needed to protect our vital interests, or that of a third party – for example if you have an accident in store and we have to call the emergency services and disclose your name and medical details.
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so, and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal data to:
- Protect you, us, or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud)
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service
- Send you news and information about our products and services that may interest you (you can opt out of this at any time)
- Help us to provide a better service to you, or tailor the products that we send you information about (you can opt out of receiving marketing information at any time)
- Provide colleague training
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions.
Where you have given your consent – you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Cookies or other tracking technologies
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They enable you to navigate on our website and allow us to provide features such as remembering aspects of your last search to make subsequent searches faster. You can delete cookies if you wish; while certain cookies are necessary for viewing and navigating on our website, most of the features will be still accessible without cookies.
In order to improve our services, to provide you with more relevant content and to analyze how visitors use our website, we may use technologies, such as cookies, pixels or tracking software. Please be aware that in most cases we will not be able to identify you from the information we collect using these technologies.
For example, we use software to monitor customer purchase patterns and website usage to help us develop the design and layout of the website in order to enhance the experience of the visitors to our website. This software does not enable us to collect any personal data. In addition, in order to understand how our customers interact with the emails and the content that we send, we use pixels that allow us to know if the emails we send are opened.